Official Tournament Rules
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Game Style: Default
Quarter Length: 4 Minutes
Allowed Teams: Any Current 2016-2017 Team
1. Single Elimination: After losing a Match, Gamer will be eliminated from the Bracket.
2. Default Start Time: All Round 1 Matches have the same default start time. After Round 1, all Matches have a unique default start time that is dependent upon the time at which the Teams’ previous Round results were submitted. Matches must be started by their default start time and played until completion. Postponing matches is only at the discretion of Tournament staff.
1. Match Length: All Matches will be Best of 1 Game.
2. Warm-up: Gamers will have 60 seconds each to setup their controls and plays. No warm-up or practice Games are permitted once the Match’s first Game has begun. If a Match is played before the scheduled time, it will not be considered a warm-up and will count as the official results.
3. Delays: Gamers may not delay the start of a Match beyond its scheduled start time, without the approval of a Tournament Official. Gamers may delay a Match between Games for up to five minutes. Teams can request that a Tournament Official enforce this five minute time limit. After five minutes of a Tournament Official enforced delay, if the delaying gamer is not ready to begin, they will Forfeit the Match.
4. Free Throws: When a player is shooting a free throw, the defensive player cannot pause the game until their team gets the rebound off of the free throw.
5. Pauses: A gamer has up to 2 full duration pauses (4 minutes) in the game. If a gamer exceeds the duration of the two pause periods, that gamer will forfeit the Game.
1. Description of Tournament/Participation.
A. Dates of Tournament: The Tournament will be conducted beginning and ending on the dates provided by HPG for each individual Tournament.
B. How to Enter: You must be a high school senior of a participating school. You must be on track to graduate in order to register. You may register for the Tournament by logging on to the High Point Gamer website and completing the free on-line registration form at http://www.highpointgamer.com/stg. Tournament registration is on a first come first serve basis and is open until all applicable Tournament spots are filled. One entry per person per Tournament. Valid Tournament entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or incomplete entries.
2. Prize(s): The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) is limit one prize package per winner. A description of the prizes, if any, will be provided for each individual Tournament. Prizes are non-transferable and not exchangeable for any other prize. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, gratuities and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner assumes all liability for use of the prize. Scholarship winners must show letter of acceptance from a college to receive full scholarship prize. 1st place winners not attending college will only receive 25% of the prize.
3. Publicity: By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant HPG and the Sponsor permission to use their names, nick-names, gamer-tags, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Tournaments, in perpetuity, throughout the world, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use, except where prohibited.
4. Taxes: Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any unspecified expenses which shall be the responsibility of winners. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
5. Grand Prize: The Contest Champion Team/Team Owner that wins the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, will receive two hundred and fifty thousand dollars $250,000 (U.S.)/$330,900 CDN (“Grand Prize”), which will be divided by Sponsor amongst the five (5) members of the winning Contest Champion Team (each a “Grand Prize Winner”). Each Grand Prize Winner shall receive a check for $50,000 (U.S.).
Grand Prize Winner must travel on a date determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion or the All-Star Prize may be forfeited. Grand Prize Winner may be required to stay additional days in the location of the Contest (accommodations provided by Sponsor) and participate in certain public relations events, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The total Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $263,000 US/$348,000 CDN, but actual value may vary depending on air flight fluctuations, distance between departure and destination. Grand Prize Winners and Finalist Winners will be referred to herein each as a “Winner” or collectively as “Winners”.
7. General Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ALL PLAYERS (AS WELL AS THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF A MINOR), TEAM OWNERS, TEAM MEMBERS, AND WINNERS RELEASE THE SPONSOR, THE NBA ENTITIES, ALL OTHER SPONSOR PARTIES, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, AND AGENTS, INCLUDING ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION, AND AGREE NOT TO MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION (I) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND SPONSOR'S CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED; (II) ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, ILLNESS, LITIGATION OR DAMAGES (COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE) OF ANY KIND ARISING OR RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL RELATED THERETO OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER CONTEST INFORMATION; AND (III) ANY PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. Sponsor's decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. Each Winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right for the Released Parties to use winner’s name, address (city and state/province/territory only), likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, and releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto.